Do you get bored? What do you do when you are bored?
Many people are indeed bored due to the pandemic as we are stuck at home, and there aren’t as many events since everyone has to maintain social distancing. You need to do something to relieve your boredom! I get bored a lot, so I looked for things to do when I am bored. Here are the things I found to turn your dull day into an exciting day:
- Go for a walk/run– Always best to get out of the house to get some fresh air.
- Meditate – Listen to soothing music, take a deep breath in and let it out.
- Yoga– Streeeeeeeeeeeech!
- Drink water– Dehydration can make you feel tired and sluggish.
- Call a friend or a family member that you don’t see very often- It’s nice to keep in touch with others so that you’re not lonely.
- Paint your nails– Give yourself a colourful manicure.
- Watch TV– Not for too long.
- Listen to music– It’s a nice and fun way to calm down, especially if you’re mad or stressed.
- Bake– Make something simple using the ingredients you have on hand. Be creative when you bake, add anything you like! Try this coconut cookie recipe.
- Make a dip – Try this hummus. Enjoy it with vegetables, pita bread, and chips.
- Draw/paint something– Let out the inner you on a piece of paper or canvas.
- Tie-dye– You can tie-dye anything you want as long as it’s white.
- Make a photo album– Look through your favourite photos and make an album that you can look through whenever you want!
- Make a collage– Glue or draw things that represent you.
- Clean/organize something– If you clean or organize something, you will feel relaxed.
- Redecorate your room to make it more, you- Give your bedroom a tiny or huge makeover.
- Study/read a book– Fill your head with curiosities!
- Write a poem– About the season, your life, etc.
- Start a blog– There are tons of free sites you can use such as WordPress, or Bloggers.com
- Do a science experiment– Have fun with science, don’t think of it as a boring school subject!
- Learn something new on- Coursera, Skillshare, Udemy, GCFlearning, and Stanford Online.
- Learn a new language – Try using Duolingo or Mango.
- Write down all these things on a piece of paper, fold it and put it in a container. Take out a piece at a time when you’re feeling down.
These are just a few things you could do if you are bored. You could even go back to your childhood by watching shows that you used to love or read old picture books! Give it a try, you won’t be bored anymore!
If you have any other ideas, please share them!