Do you know how to make homemade hummus? If not, then you should probably read this post. Hummus is a savoury dip that you can eat with vegetables, pita bread, and chips. You can really eat it with anything! I even like it in my sandwiches. It is a good source of protein, minerals, and fibre. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup uncooked/dry chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tbsp salt (add more if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
How to make it:
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Then boil in water for about half an hour or until it is soft. Drain water. For a creamier texture, remove chickpea skins. I did not remove the chickpea skins.
- Fry the chopped onion with a bit of oil until browned. Try not to burn them!
- Grind the roasted sesame seeds.
- Now put all your ingredients into the food processor or blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- If it is too thick, add a little bit of water gradually and blend again.
- Once you get the right texture transfer to a container. You can refrigerate it for up to 5 days, but fresh is always better!
If you tried this recipe, I would love to know whether you liked it or not. Enjoy!
3 thoughts on “How to Make Hummus”
I am trying this someday my dear. Thank you for the recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s great! Let me know how it turns out!