It has been an even more stressful time for me as many of my relatives have been in isolation or tested positive for COVID. I know that everyone is working really hard to prevent the spread and one of the best ways we can help is by wearing our masks properly. So, in this post, I thought of writing something to aware people on the proper use of a mask.
Health experts say that wearing masks help to prevent the spread of COVID-19. And science supports the fact that using a mask could save lives, the more people wearing masks, the better. It decreases the chances of transmitting and catching the virus. But simply wearing a mask is not enough, you have to take other precautions as well, like keeping a distance from other people, keeping the room well ventilated, avoiding crowds, washing/sanitizing your hands frequently, and sneezing into your elbow, a tissue or away from people.
Wearing masks have become the new normal now. We know it protects us from COVID-19 but it can also be a source of infection if not used properly. We should also be aware of correctly using it, storing, cleaning, or disposing for our maximum protection.
Here are a few things we should remember when using masks:
- Make sure your mask covers your nose, mouth and chin properly
- Mask should be fit against your face, there should be no gaps
- Don’t put a mask under your nose, chin or around your neck
- Every time you touch your mask, make sure you wash your hands
- Wash reusable masks after every use and throw out disposable masks properly in a bin after every use
- Don’t share your mask with anyone
- Pick a three-layered mask that will keep your respiratory droplets in and others out
It is so sad to see another wave of COVID -19 affecting so many people in the world. People who got vaccines may still transmit the virus and may still be affected due to the variants.
Please wear your mask in public places or even if you’re just going out for a walk to protect yourself and others in times like this. Wearing a mask keeps you and others safe. So, use masks properly to save lives!