What’s up people!
Today I’m going to talk about us! I know what you’re thinking, “Uhh, but we already know a lot about ourselves.” Yeah, I know that and I don’t mean ‘us’. I meant about the human body. The human body is more than just organs, obviously. It is one of the most fascinating things on earth. Well, I found so many interesting facts about the human body that you probably didn’t know:
- The human eye blinks an average of 4.2 million times a year.
- Eyelashes last about 150 days.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Babies only blink once or twice a minute, while adults average 10 times a minute.
- Your blood has the same amount of salt in it as the ocean does.
- Your blood makes up about 8% of your body weight.
- In just one day, our blood runs the distance of about 12,000 miles or about 19,000 km.
- The average human body has 0.2 milligrams of Gold.
- When listening to music, your heartbeat will sync with the rhythm.
- Infants are born with approximately 300 bones, but as they grow some of these bones fuse and by the time they reach adulthood, they only have 206 bones.
- Your body has more than 600 muscles.
- The largest muscle in your body is the one you are sitting on!
- The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue and the hardest bone is the jaw bone.
- About 60% of our body is made up of water.
- Your mouth produces about one litre of saliva each day!
- There are about 40,000 bacteria in the human mouth.
- Fingernails grow about four times faster than your toenails.
- The acid in your stomach is so strong that it can dissolve razor blades.
- The human eye can distinguish 10 million different colours.
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea of the eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
- 50,000 cells in your body died and were replaced by new ones while you were reading this sentence.
- An average person breathes in around 11,000 liters of air every day.
- We lose 80% of our body heat from the head.
- About 12% of humans dream in black and white.
- You’re probably more like your dad.
Are you overwhelmed? I am! Again you probably knew some of these. My favourite one is number 9, when listening to music, your heartbeat will sync with the rhythm. I just love music and since it says music I chose it. Do you know any other facts about the human body that blow your mind?