What’s up people!
Have you ever thought of laws from other countries? Every country is different and each country has different rules and laws that need to be followed. I found so many strange laws from around the world, some of them might be hard to believe.
Here are some weird laws to be aware of when you book your trip next time:
- It’s illegal to chew gum in Singapore – Wow! That is highly shocking.
- It’s illegal to hike naked in Switzerland – Every country should have this law (LOL!).
- It’s illegal to run out of gas on the German Autobahn – Uhhh… That’s a bit strange, but those of you reading from Germany remember to fill up your cars before road trips.
- It’s illegal to ride a cow drunk in Scotland – This law should also occur in every country, but I’m pretty sure not many people do this.
- It’s illegal to wear a mask in public in Denmark – For a second, I thought they meant surgical masks and then I kind of started questioning my mom because I thought, “How are they preventing COVID-19?” Then I realized they meant face coverings so as to properly identify people during crowded events if anything wrong happens.
- You cannot die without a pre-purchased burial plot in part of France – I didn’t really get this one because you don’t know when you’re going to die so what if it’s too late to purchase a place to be buried (I mean I kind of have a point).
- It’s illegal to build a sandcastle in Spain – I was in shock when I heard this. At first, I thought sandcastles were invented in Spain then I felt stupid because I already knew they were invented in Egypt.
- It’s illegal to wear a fake mustache in an Alabama Church – I don’t really think anyone would do this. But if you do this, you might want to get out of the habit just in case you ever go to an Alabama Church.
- Don’t paint your garage door purple if you live in Kanata, Ontario- That’s against the law, and doing this could land you in court. Strange if I do say so myself.
- It is illegal to have more than two different colours of paint on your house in Beaconsfield, Quebec – Umm… My house is two colours, so like… Weird.
- You cannot be overweight in Japan – Those of you who don’t want to get overweight, I suggest you head to Japan (LOL!).
These were my top picks for some of the weirdest laws from around the world. In my opinion, some of these laws are a bit unusual, but all of them are weird.
Did any of these laws shock or surprise you? Do you know any strange laws?