What up peoples!
Today I am going to be talking about one of the most important things in our life: LAUGHTER!
Laughter reduces your stress hormones and boosts your immune system. It reduces blood pressure, anxiety and other negative emotions. It’ll also help improve your mood and relieve pain. It relaxes the body, protects the heart and helps you live longer. Although you never will get younger, laughing creates the illusion that you are!
There are many ways to bring laughter into our lives:
- Start with a smile. When you see someone, instead of looking away or at your phone, look up and smile at the person. See their reaction, smiles can be contagious.
- Watch funny TV shows and videos.
- Go to a comedy club or join a laughter yoga class.
- Collect some funny stories, books or magazines and read them when you are low.
- Do something silly.
- Spend time with people who make you laugh.
- Listen to your favourite music. This song might help: Happier-Marshmello & Bastille.
- Improve your sense of humour. Ask people, “What is the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?”
- Read funny books. Find joke books online or through your bookstore. Share jokes with your friends!
If none of these are really funny, don’t worry, you can still have fun and laugh. Practice laughter yoga or join laugh therapy groups.
Don’t laugh at inappropriate times like when someone says something hurtful to someone else, when someone is being bullied, when someone is crying or at funerals.
Laughing should occur in our everyday lives. Whenever I laugh, I feel relieved and relaxed. My friends are definitely what makes me laugh the most. Give it a try! It feels great!
What makes you laugh? Share it in the comment section below!